Yup, we did that once. It was a cool, satisfying feeling. We needed the cash. We got it. The key? Develop a very simple, compelling, very short slide deck and smooth presentation. Too many recent articles on this are just too complex, too long and drawn out. It’s just not that complicated. It can’t be complicated. The how? Powerful preparation built upon only a few very basic aspects – and the slides, 5 simple, yet powerfully communicative slides:
- A one liner juxtaposing the need and the overwhelmingly better, proven solution with associated graphics a child could understand.
- The proof – customer and data proven validation of slide one. Have real demos.
- The team – the proven, we’ve done this stuff, we know this stuff team – leadership, staff, board, advisors, customers & suppliers.
- The plan – where we are now, where we need to go, how and why and some alternative scenarios belying an understanding of uncertainty and options.
- The money to get us where we want to go and the basic offer.